Instructor, Lead Faculty Supervisor (Student Concerns).
- Faculty supervision.
- Online Competency Checklist Administrator.
- Oversees off-campus labs at the Aurora Animal Shelter, Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue, and Spay Today/Neuter Now.
- Readmission Board Member.
- Internship Board Member.
Janet was born in Evanston, Illinois and grew up in Racine, Wisconsin. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin - Madison with a BS degree in Microbiology. Following graduation, Janet moved to Colorado. After working in a lab for a few years, she decided to attend Bel-Rea to become a veterinary technician. Janet worked at small animal clinics, at an emergency clinic and at a large 24 hr specialty hospital. Janet was given the opportunity to teach Microbiology at Bel-Rea and realized then that she loves to teach. The class she enjoys most is Pre-Clinical because the faculty and students get to give back to the community by spaying and neutering dogs and cats for the Aurora Animal Shelter. In turn, Bel-Rea's students gain valuable hands-on experience. Instructor since 1987.
- Authored a book chapter on Transfusion Medicine in the Manual of Small Animal Postoperative Care.
- Traveled to Kenya, Africa on a Rabies vaccine/Spay Neuter Campaign Fall 2016.
- Working on AAHA Accreditation.
- A cat named Badger and a dog named Daisy, both adopted when they came through Bel-Rea from the Aurora Animal Shelter to be spayed/neutered!