Posted Jobs 8
Founded Since 1902
It is the mission of the Humane Society of Boulder Valley to protect and enhance the lives of companion animals by promoting healthy relationships between pets and people. We were founded on the strength of this mission more than a century ago in 1902, yet it holds true today as we, both in our daily work and through our partnerships with other animal welfare organizations, counter animal neglect and cruelty and create opportunities to spark and deepen those vital, enriching relationships.
The Humane Society of Boulder Valley provides shelter and care to more than 7,000 animals annually, with 95 percent of these animals being successfully adopted or reunited with their guardians. Our success as an organization is created and supported through our robust and innovative services and programs:
- Our transfer program enables us to provide a greater variety of animals to our adoption clients while simultaneously supporting more than 50 animal welfare agency partners in providing care and services for homeless pets.
- Our behavior modification program supports the behavioral and emotional health of shelter dogs and cats that present with behavioral complexities to best prepare them for future success.
- Our shelter medicine program focuses on providing quality and compassionate medical services to shelter animals, and sets an example for other shelters and up-and-coming veterinary professionals across the country for consistency and excellence in shelter medicine.
In addition to the resources dedicated to our shelter animals, the Humane Society of Boulder Valley offers a variety of services open to the public to support the needs of pets and families living in our community and beyond:
- Our training and behavior center offers group classes, one-on-one consultations, as well as public workshops and classes for dogs and cats, their families, and the advanced learning of other training and behavior professionals in our community.
- Our full-service veterinary hospital can provide your pet with a lifetime of wellness and prioritizes providing critical services and veterinary care to low income families. Revenue generated by the Veterinary Hospital directly funds health care for homeless animals.
- Our safety net programs ensure that existing healthy relationships between people and their pets are supported in times of hardship and crisis.
Revenue generated by our Sonnyside Retail Center and our off-campus Thrift and Gift Shop directly funds the mission of the Humane Society of Boulder Valley.
The Humane Society of Boulder Valley is a private, nonprofit organization that is not operated or funded by any national humane organizations or government agencies and relies on contributions from our generous supporters to bring our services to the community.