Experience Less Than 1 Year
Practice Small Animal
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
Do you want to work in a collaborative environment with mentorship and training opportunities? Do you want to be able to walk out your door and have unlimited outdoor adventures under the midnight sun all summer and the northern lights in winter?
Aurora Animal Clinic is looking for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to work at our busy small animal veterinary practice. This is a full time position Monday-Friday with limited to no weekend or after hours work. Aurora Animal Clinic is a full service veterinary practice serving Fairbanks and the surrounding communities in Interior Alaska. We offer general and orthopedic surgery, full service medicine, digital radiology, ultrasound, chemotherapy, rehabilitation, chemotherapy, etc. Our practice values patient care, excellent customer service, but also employee well being. We encourage personal growth and development for candidates that are committed to our practice, our clients and fellow staff members.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician or eligibility for licensing as a Veterinary Technician in the state of Alaska
- Previous clinical experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of policies and procedures used for receiving and treating patients, as well as requesting laboratory tests.
- Knowledge of proper methods of animal handling and restraint for various individual animal temperaments.
- Knowledge of the use, care and storage of veterinary instruments, materials, and equipment.
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques to sterilize various instruments and materials.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal services.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments. Understand and carry out oral and written direction.
Benefits package after 90 day probationary period to include periodic performance bonuses, health insurance, paid personal leave, paid holidays, employee discount on services and inventory items, uniform allowance, education assistance, and Simple IRA.
Salary is DOE.
Relocation bonus available.
Please Include the Following:
1. Cover Letter
3. Three Professional References