Experience 2 Years
Practice Small Animal
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
Caring Hands Veterinary Hospital & Hospitality Center is a busy, high quality, small animal practice located at 136th Avenue and Colorado Blvd. in Thornton, CO. From our eleven skilled veterinarians, to our animal-loving customer service representatives and boarding and daycare hosts, Caring Hands’ employees are well trained professionals, who treat each animal with the same care and compassion they offer their own pets.
Caring Hands Veterinary Hospital & Hospitality Center is currently seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician to join our team full time.
Potential Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Available to work weekend, early morning, and late evening shifts
- Punctual, reliable and have a strong work ethic
- Pay close attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Have previous veterinary experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prior AVImark software use is preferred, but not required
- Ability to professionally and simultaneously handle multiple patients
- Input personal and medical information about clients and their pets into the computer system
- Communicate efficiently between the medical team and clients
- Triage phone calls from clients
- Obtain basic medical history and advise veterinarian of information obtained
- Fill and dispense medications, food and supplements
- Check clients out for services
- Prepare specimens for outside laboratory and obtain results
- Obtain and accurately perform in-house lab samples such as fecals, urinalysis, blood smears, etc.
- Monitor and stock supplies
- Take radiographs
- Give intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous injections
- IV catheter placement
- Wash, prepare and properly sterilize surgical packs
- Properly restrain patients safely, reliably using low stress methods
- Prepare and sanitize surgical and dental suites
- Clean and maintain work areas and medical equipment
Caring Hands offers a competitive salary based on experience, benefits packages, paid time off, and employee pet benefits.
Please email, fax or drop off resume. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Other jobs you may like
- @ OrthoPets Veterinary Orthotics and Prosthetics Center
- Westminster, colorado