HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!
This Chinese New Year falls on February 5th. Chinese New Year is also called Lunar New Year because the celebration coincides with the phases of the moon. The festival is 15 days long and begins with the new moon sometime between January 21st and February 20th. The festivities last until the next full moon.
To usher out the old year and bring luck and prosperity for the new one, celebrations include firecrackers, fireworks, red clothes, and decorations. Young people are gifted money in red envelopes to chase away the mythical beast Nian (“Year”). The use of the color red symbolizes luck and brings good fortune to others. This season is a time to feast and visit with living family members as well as those who’ve passed on.
As a Veterinary Technician, you will have the opportunity to medically help many different animals, from cats and dogs, to horses and pigs. All kinds of pigs need medical attention, as a Vet Tech, you can help little pet piglets, farm pigs, and even pigs and boars at zoos! It’s the year of the pig, so send them some extra love this year!
For more information about Chinese New Year, here are some sources you can check out.
Get a dream career medically caring for animals in as little as 24 months! Register now for our next quarterly start date:
July 1, 2019
Other Upcoming Start Dates
September 30, 2019
January 6, 2020
April 6, 2020
If you’re passionate about caring for animals, learn why Bel-Rea is the school for you!
- Hands-on Training and Experience on a 6.4 acre campus with credentialed Instructors.
- Small and Large Animal Training Facilities including on-site surgery, radiology and dental suites.
- American Veterinary Medical Association Accredited Program. This accreditation is a requirement in order to take the Veterinary Technician National Exam for credentialing upon graduation.
- Personalized One-On-One Attention from experienced Faculty and Staff.
- Course Curriculum specifically designed to provide the students the skills and opportunities they will need to be successful in the Veterinary field.
- Every Class is offered every quarter and tuition will not fluctuate in cost throughout your education at Bel-Rea with continual enrollment.
- Out-of-State Students qualify for the same tuition rate as In-State Students.
- Financial Aid and Veteran Benefits are available for those who apply and qualify.