Experience Less Than 1 Year
Practice Small Animal
Summary: Perform Veterinary Assistant duties pursuant to General Practice Assistant Protocols. Treats every client with the utmost courteous and attentive treatment possible, with a keen sensitivity to the emotional bond between owners and their pets.
Individual department teams exist within the structure of assistant. Assistant duties will vary from department to department, however include general technician duties such as:
- General nursing care and treatment of patients
- Administering and monitoring anesthesia
- Assisting the veterinarian in procedures
- Admitting and discharging patients
- Client communication and education
- Is reliable, organized, and provides a high level of care to our patients and our clients
- Will act as a representative of the hospital at all times, displaying consideration, courtesy, compassion, and professionalism in all interactions
Benefits of working at Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital by Ethos:
- We work in a caring and supportive environment in a geographic location that offers an outstanding quality of life
- Compensation is highly competitive
- Full-time benefits include paid time off, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, 401k, association dues, wellness care and pet insurance for your pets, CE allowance, uniform allowance, and more.
- Additional benefits and support for VTS candidates.
- Take advantage of our flexible work schedules and excellent shift differential pay
Regular job duties may require:
- Standing – frequently during the course of the day
- Bending, squatting, and kneeling – repeatedly during the course of the day
- Pushing and pulling up to 20 pounds – frequently during the course of the day
- Sitting – occasionally during the course of the day
- Lifting and restraining up to 50 pounds without assistance – frequently during the course of the day
- Lifting and restraining up to 100 + pounds with assistance – frequently during the course of the day
Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital by Ethos is multi-specialty hospital based in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, a western suburb of Denver. Our veterinary team works as a tightly knit group to provide optimal care to our patients and their owners.
We are excited to be in our new 38,0000 SF hospital and are currently hiring great technicians to work side by side with our veterinarians in the areas of General Practice, Emergency and Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine and other specialties.
Our hospital is proud to be an accredited member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), with both General and Specialty accreditation. We are dedicated to our clients and community, the veterinary profession, and our team.
WRAH provides excellent opportunities to develop your skills as a new technician and/or for continual growth for seasoned technicians. We believe strongly in the value of certification and encourage and support the development and growth of all our employees.