Experience 2 Years
Practice Small Animal
Qualifications Graduate (CVT, RVT, LVT)
Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital (WRAH) is looking full-time Verterinary Technician in the Surgery Department.
About Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital: At WRAH our mission is to advance the veterinary profession through our leadership in medicine, education, business and promotion of the human-animal bond. We strive to bring together caring, warm and intelligent people who love to serve and help and are among the best in their field.
The Surgery Veterinary Technician is responsible for the general nursing care and treatment of animal patients. Primary responsibilities include sedation, anesthesia and radiology, admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education, scheduling appointments and answering technician calls.
Surgery Technician also carries out doctor’s orders, including labwork, radiology, treatments, administration of medications and fluids. This is an overview of the position and is not limited to the major duties.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia.
- Assist the veterinarian in surgical procedures
- Have knowledge of instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical procedures. Care and maintenance of surgical instruments and equipment
- Wrapping and sterilizing packs
- Perform treatments on surgery patients in addition to all necessary pre op and post op procedures
- Create PDRs
- Clean and stock the OR’s. Understand and apply proper sterile technique when in the OR
- Provide primary nursing support to veterinarians
- Admit patients and complete necessary paperwork with client
- Perform life checks on hospital patients and perform necessary treatments as needed. Monitor the wellbeing of patients, providing comfortable and clean bedding.
- Perform venipuncture
- Perform all laboratory procedures including hematology, serology, blood chemistry, urinalysis, fecal analysis, and skin scrapings
- Prepare cultures and all blood work to be sent to outside laboratories
- IVC placement, administer IV fluids, supply O2, apply temporary bandages and changes bandages, provide external heating or cooling of patient, carry out orders of ER DVM
- Radiographs (digital), record appropriately
- Maintain equipment as needed
- Have working knowledge of AVImark software.
- Generating and/or retrieving all necessary documents to ensure complete and accurate medical records (labels, PDR’s, etc)
- Making appointments, client communication, invoicing functions
- Maintain complete and accurate patient medical records
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned
Education, License and Job Requirements:
- CVT License
- 1 year of Surgery experience preferred or 1 year in Emergency and Critical Care
- Excellent PC skills with a solid working knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and other department software
Skills and Experience:
- Must be reliable, organized, and adaptable to changes within the departments of the hospital
- Will serve as a representative of the hospital, displaying consideration, courtesy, compassion, and professionalism in all interactions with patients, clients, and hospital staff
- Will maintain a high standard of patient care
- Must be able to communicate well with clients by showing care and concern for them as well as their pet(s).
- Must understand and support the Hospital’s mission and overall direction.
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt